The content of my backpack
After several months I have settled on what I take in my photographic sorties, from bottom left:
- Black dust bag doubling as black cloth.
- Cleaning cloth.
- Grey card and Weston Master lightmeter.
- Red filter for the 90mm lens.
- Mobile: Reciprocity calculator app, phone and camera functions.
- I usually take 3 dark slides. The top one is resting on a freezer bag used to help to keep dust out.
- 90mm Fuji lens with cable release.
- 180mm convertible to 315mm Schneider lens.
- Card with my name and contact details on front. On the back I wrote the formula to calculate reciprocity.
- Lens caps and focusing magnifier.
- Clothes peg to hold dark cloth down on windy days.
- Walker 5×4 camera with Arca Swiss mount.
- Make up mirror, a recycled street find. I use it to look at the controls of the lens when the camera is raised high up.
- 30 cm rule,
- Torch, useful when darkness comes.
- Heavy duty tripod with head and Arca Swiss style mount.
- Bag. The actual loaded dark slides are in it.
- Grey card sleeve.
Bed is not taken out. Sometimes I also leave my brain behind.